Monday, January 5, 2015

2015

Happy New Year! Although 2014 had some really great moments, mostly it was just a really hard year for me; a lot of things that pushed me to my max. The growth that comes from such moments is always a blessing, but even still, I had been counting down the days until I could ring in a new year since early November.

The girls had their first late night, New Year's celebration this year. We headed to Utah on New Year's Eve day and arrived just in time to celebrate. The older I get, the more I appreciate moments to reconnect with extended family. What a blessing to have almost all of mine and Jason's siblings just  several hours away.

Utah got dumped with a couple feet of snow the week of Christmas, so we got to enjoy some time out in the cold, white, fluffy stuff. And boy, was it cold! Las Vegas has warmed our blood. I don't think any of us lasted longer than 15 minutes outside. 

For the next three days we did our best to fit in as much cousin time as possible. Of course, we couldn't spend as much time with everyone as we would have liked. The girls absolutely adore all their cousins. They would choose cousins over friends any day!



Victoria and her cousin Audrey are joined at the hip. They are just six weeks apart in age, and lived just a mile apart until we moved to Las Vegas. They were so excited to see each other and finally have the sleepover they had been talking about for months.

Welcome 2105! I can't wait to see all you have in store for our family this year!