Women's Liberation is just a lot of foolishness. It's the men who are discriminated against. They can't bear children. And no one's likely to do anything about that. ~Golda Meir
Today at the store I ran into a good friend and homeschooling mom to four children. Seeing her and her children reminded me of a beautiful poem she has on her blog titled "They Tie You Down".
It got me thinking about how much I love being a mother. There is absolutely nothing I would enjoy more than doing what I do on daily basis. Although it is difficult to put into words how I feel, here are a few reasons why I love being a mother:
1. Little girl bear hugs which include Antalya's arms wrapped tightly around my neck, her legs hugging my waist, and her teeth biting my chin (I know she means it as a big kiss!)
2. A reason and motivation to get out of bed early
3. A shopping buddy
4. More giggles in one day than I thought were possible
5. Sticky little fingers
7. Fixing dinner with a backpack on my back a little head peaking over my shoulder
8. Caring more about someone else than I do myself
9. Early morning cuddles with all of us in bed
10. A reason to put off cleaning the house - it's more fun and worthwhile to play!
11. Excitement about the future
13. It is the only job that requires 24 hours a day and 7 days a week with no days off that can bring incredible amounts of happiness, joy, and love into one's life.