You've probably noticed that blogging has taken a very back seat in my life lately. I keep meaning to set aside time and write a post and catch up with the going-ons of all my blogging friends, but I just keep forgetting to set the time to do it:) So, less you think I have fallen into a black hole, here's thirteen things that have been occupying our time these last several weeks.
1. With baby #2 on her way, we have decided it might be time to move out of our 1 bedroom apartment. We have begun the search for a house we can call our own. This is both exciting and nerve racking at the same time. We have been here nearly four years (all but a few months of my married life). We have been house hunting for two months now, and I'm starting to wonder why no one has ever mentioned how difficult it is. I guess I thought it would be like car shopping. You know, you look at a few, decide which one feels like "your car", sign some papers, and drive it off the lot. Maybe it doesn't help that what I want in a house is: enough room to not feel crowded, but not so much room that I feel like I live in a big house, 2 acres of land, lots of neighbors nearby, a grocery store two blocks away, a big master suite with jetted tub and shower, a house built in the early 1900's but yet doesn't need a lot of work, all the bedrooms on the same level, remodeled kitchen, fenced yard for the dog and the kids, and a five minute drive both to the freeway and to the mountains. And I want it all for $200,000. Is that being unreasonable:)
2. I'm not a big fan of TV, but I must admit I have several series I really enjoy watching. It just so happens that they all start in January. So when faced with the option to watch an episode of 24, Lost, American Idol, or to sit down to the computer, my shows always win out.
3. We have enjoyed some beautiful weather these past couple weeks, that means we have been going for lots of walks. Antalya loves being outside - especially when I let her walk and stop to explore everything that catches her attention. I am amazed at how quickly she is growing up.
4. February and March are full of doctor's appointments with the pediatrician, optometrist, dentist, and then my appointments with the midwife. Antalya's pediatrician is amazed at how healthy she is, how quickly she is growing, and how well her development is. I give thanks everyday that she is doing so well.
5. Our book group has started up again. I am reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho for about my third or fourth time, yet everytime I read it I enjoy it even more.
6. To appease some of my pregnancy cravings I have been discovering new addictions. My latest is Dreyer's Slow Churned Yogurt Blends. Tart Mango and Tart Honey are my favorites!
7. With the possibility of moving into a house I have been looking at furniture and trying to learn how to decorate. I think the only things I have bought to put on walls since we have been married are two frames to display our college diplomas. I'm going to need some serious help in the interior design department in the upcoming months.
8. With tax season upon us I have been trying to figure out the books for our little business. Somehow I was under the impression that if we just bought Quickbooks and installed it on our computer it would do it all for me. Well, I don't think it works quite like that. Anyone out there want to train me on how to use Quickbooks?
9. The worst of the pregnancy nausea is behind me, that being said, I no longer have an excuse to not cook dinner. I didn't realize taking a four month vacation from cooking would make it so difficult to start fixing dinner every night. I've been looking for new recipe ideas. Anyone have any great ones?
10. Well, I am only to ten, but I am out of things to say. Maybe I should rename this post "Friday Nine".