Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas in London

This afternoon we bundled up the girls and hopped aboard a double decker bus and headed into the city. We live only about 8 miles from the city center, but most of the time it feels more like we live a world away. The bus ride took over an hour, stopping at every intersection along the way and when we finally got off we were assaulted with almost wall to wall people walking up and down the sidewalks. Christmas lights were everywhere, and I even felt that somehow the massive crowds added to the Christmas feeling. IMG_9974

The girls loved the window displays, especially this one that had dozens of stuffed dogs. Victoria was glued to it for at least five minutes. She would look at the dogs, then turn to me and yell "dog" while pointing at the window, then look back at the dogs, and repeat over and over. She was so excited! IMG_9984IMG_9965

I even managed to talk a police man into taking a picture of all four of us. It's not the greatest, but I didn't have the heart to ask him to take another one since he felt the need to stop all traffic in order to take the picture.
IMG_9986

And to top it off we all had our very first hot salt beef sandwich. Let's just say it was incredible! (as long as I don't think about the small fortune this little dinner cost - I'd tell you, but you wouldn't believe me anyways). I can even say now that, I like pickles, or at least I like these pickles. IMG_9975

We walked for awhile taking in the lights then bought the girls a milkshake to keep them happy on the train ride home.
IMG_9987

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sunny! It's a great picture! Sometimes, we all need to take a journey to escape! Great post. :)

(V.Kerr) School Time Adventures said...

Wow 1 hour to go 8 miles! But I bet it was so much fun~

Layla said...

The pictures are stunning! I loved this post and reading about Christmas in London.