Monday, June 20, 2011


Coming home is like hitting play on a movie that had been paused. It doesn't feel like we missed anything, and somehow we are just picking up right where we left off. It makes London feel almost like a dream, although I know that just a week ago it was our life and all the girls really new.

In many ways it feels so good to be back home, but then there are moments when I have to stop the tears because my heart aches for England - for the simple life we had, our friends, the noise of the city, the High Street shops, the sights and smells, walking to school, and so many other things.

So before I begin journaling our adventures here in Utah, I want to finish with our last memories in beautiful England.

Our last Saturday in London we had a great get together with some of our friends from our church. Not everyone could be there, but we had a great time with those who were. We miss our little ward and all the great friendships we formed there.

The day before we left, we had to say goodbye to all our friends from Antalya's nursery school. On that day, story time was all about Antalya, and Jason, Victoria, and I got to be there.
They looked at Antalya's book that documented some of the things she has done these past two years, and then sang some of Antalya's favorite songs.

We love these amazing ladies who have made such an impact on Antalya and helped her grow and develop so much during her time at nursery.

And then we took our final walk home. This walk from our house to the nursery has been the biggest part of my life with the girls during our time in London. We walked the path twice a day, five times a week.

Every day we would make the same pit-stops. The first stop was to walk on the wall.

Then Victoria would have to give two kisses to the elephant flower stand - one kiss in front, and one in back.

Next was the run through the woods (a line of trees with a small path running behind the trees), followed by jumping practice on the steps.

Then after a quick rest on the grass, the girls would usually ride in the stroller for the rest of the walk home.

That afternoon we said farewell to our not so beloved van. Although we don't miss how unreliable it was at times, we do have many fond memories surrounding that vehicle.

And then it was done - our bags were packed and we went to sleep for the last time in London.

The next morning, after a quick sandwich on the balcony for breakfast we were on our way (can you believe this picture was taken at 5:45am? I miss the early morning sunshine we had there).

The flight went reasonably well. We were so blessed to have an angel sitting right behind us that was so sweet to the girls and was happy letting them climb over the seat and sit with her when they needed a break from us.

And before we knew it, we were at Papa's house. And the girls haven't stopped since!

1 comment:

Stuart and Sarah said...

I am so glad you are back. Call when you get a chance, I want to see you guys!