Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Today

At 6:30 this morning Antalya and I were in the car rocking out to her favorite version of The Wheels on the Bus. Despite my efforts to convince her otherwise, Antalya was convinced we were headed to Uncle Scott's house to play. We've only been to his house once, and it most definitely was not at 6:30am. 

As we drove through downtown Salt Lake City I was reminded again of how quaint this city feels after being in London for two years. I feel like I could pick up the whole city and hold it in the palm of my hand. But I love it! Especially when I hit every green light on South Temple. This city is my home.

Just as the sky was beginning to lighten behind the mountains, we pulled into the parking lot at Primary Children's Hospital for a full day of doctors. Lucky for Antalya, she will asleep for most of it! They let me follow her back to the OR and stay with her until she was out. As I walked out, I couldn't help looking back at my little girl. She looked so tiny laying on such a big operating table. 
She will be out for the entire morning with a line-up of dental work, ear tubes, echocardiogram on her heart, and ABR hearing scan. 

And I will spend the morning waiting, reading, and enjoying a few quite hours all to myself!

2 comments:

Jeff and Rebecca said...

Good luck with your hospital stay. Hope everything turns out well for Antalya!

Kiya's Mommy said...

Sunny- Been reading you blog and I love it! You are such a great mommy. I feel like we have so much in common. You have always had the most amazing heart. Luv U!