Sunday, February 24, 2008

16 Months

I haven't posted a general update on Antalya for awhile - so here goes. She is now 16 months old and is SO busy! She is always doing something, and has a hard time sitting still longer than about two minutes. She can cruise along furniture and is getting close to being able to stand without support (but she refuses to even consider it). The last two months we have been working really hard at signing. She can now sign "more", "eat", and "all done". It is so fun to see her begin to communicate and express herself. She is developing quite the independent personality. If I won't let her do something by herself, then she refuses to allow me to do it - such as eating, brushing her teeth, drinking from a cup, taking her fluoride drops, talking on the phone, etc. Antalya loves playing the drums, chasing our dog Digo, pushing buttons, reading books (by herself, of course), eating paper, and going for walks outside. She also loves it when we have visitors come over. She is so social.


Today she got to play with Baby Graham (my friends baby). She loved it! I was happy that she only pulled his hair twice :) Sorry Graham!

4 comments:

Carly said...

Sunny, she is so cute! I always had mixed feelings when my kids starting wanting to do everything by themselves. I enjoyed helping them and so it was a little sad when they didn't want me or need me so much but also fun to see them grow try new things.

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...

I love the pics of them together! So cute. I want you to email them to me! Thanks again for watching him.

Tara said...

I love the pics of them together! So cute. I want you to email them to me! Thanks again for watching him.