1. Unplanned pregnancy. Sorry family, it's not me. It's our dog Cricket. She is due with a large litter in two weeks. And yes, we do know who the boyfriend is - it's our other dog Digo. We thought we were safe having a fence between them while she was in heat, but I guess when it's true love, no obstacle is too great to overcome to be with your girl. Anyone looking for german shepherd puppy? We tried the whole puppy thing two years ago thinking that it would be a good way to earn some money. Let's just say I have never looked affectionately at a puppy since.
2. Surgery. Antalya has a T&A (tonsils and adenoids removed) scheduled for next Thursday. She had gone a whole month without getting sick, and I was starting to think that she just might be healthy for the surgery. That changed Tuesday night when she came down with something. She's had a fever, lots of congestion, and a hard time breathing at night. We went to the doctor today. Please keep her in your prayers that she can better before Thursday. She really needs this surgery so that she can stay healthy.
3. New Business. Jason and I have started an online business. It's still in the beginning phase, and we have a lot of work to do on the website, but we are excited that it is all up and running. Come check us out here and tell your friends.
4. Scout Camp. Jason has been gone all week at Scout Camp. We have really missed him. We can't wait for him to get back tomorrow.
5. Remodel. Our kitchen is coming along. We are still a long ways from finished, but we did get all the floor cabinets and the new countertop put in this week. I started unpacking boxes today. Tonight was the first night in a month that I had spices to cook with (note to self - if you ever do another kitchen remodel don't pack away everything thinking you will have your kitchen back in a week).
6. New Birth. I have a new little niece. She was born on Monday and is SO cute. Her name is Lindsey Kate.
7. Marathon. I'm down to five weeks before the big day. I'm getting anxious to be done with my long runs. Crossing the finish line will be a great moment!
8. United Angels Foundation. I have become a volunteer for this new non-profit support group for children with special needs. I'm really excited for this. We had a great Ds support group in our area when Antalya was born, but about a year ago it had to disband due to some legal issues. Everyone is super excited about this new group and I look forward to seeing a lot of faces I haven't seen in awhile and meeting new ones too.
9. Book Club. Some other ladies and I are starting a book club. I'm in charge this month. We are reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. I remember reading this book years ago, and am excited to read it again.
10. New skills. Although I have already mentioned this one, we are just so excited that we can't say it enough - Antalya is walking! She has gotten so good and has completely given up her crawling. It has made a world of difference for her. She is so much happier, more content and easy going, and will now on occasion stop to cuddle with me for awhile.
11. Partings. One of mine and Antalya's good friends is moving on Saturday to Florida. She found out 10 days ago that she was accepted into a graduate program that starts this week. In just one week she made the decision to quit her job, pack up her belongs, and move across the country. We will miss you Marie-Line, but wish you luck in your new adventure.
12. Olympics. I have always looked forward to the olympics. This year is no different, although this year I haven't been able to find the time to enjoy them. Tonight I was planning on watching some of the events I have recorded, but this blog entry has taken a lot longer than I expected. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow night.
13. Lack of sleep. In order to get my running in before my duties as mother begins in the morning, I am getting up way earlier than I would like. Add to that, Antalya being sick and not sleeping well and you can guess how I'm feeling right now.And so - I wish you all a good night. If I head to bed now, I can be asleep before 10pm - and right now, there is nothing that sounds sweeter.