Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy World Down Syndrome Day

Today is World Down Syndrome Day. The date (3/21) signifies the 3rd copy of the 21st chromosome. It is a day to celebrate all those individuals with Down syndrome that have touched our lives. Today especially, I am thankful for my daughter Antalya and all she has added to my life in her three short years on earth.

I recently read the beautiful birth story of Nella who was also born with Down syndrome. You should check it out. As I read it, I realized that I have never taken the chance to write down the story of Antalya's birth. So I have begun Antalya's story, but it is getting late, and so I promise to take the time to finish tomorrow and post it. Until then, wishing you all a very Happy World Down Syndrome Day.

How has your life been touched by someone with Down syndrome?

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Your super cute daughter always has a smile for every child she meets. (At least when we lived in Provo.) She was always so sweet to all the kiddos. And that made me happy, that my daughter had a friend. We love you guys and miss you!