Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just My Thoughts

I have sat down several times in the last few days to blog, but nothing comes. Life seems to be just slowly moving forward with not much going on for the moment. I'm not complaining. It's kind of nice to have everything so calm right now. In fact, I'm trying my best to soak it all in.

Spring is right around the corner here in London. In fact, the last two days the sun has finally emerged from hibernation. We so rarely see the sun, that when it does come out it makes the whole city come alive. I just want to soak it up for as long as I can (which according to the weather forecast isn't very long).

But, unfortunately we are back to battling colds, and eye infections. We just can't seem to get rid of it for longer than a few days. So while the sun is calling me outside, I am instead tucked away in our little flat while the girls get a good afternoon nap.

Although I love the good it does to my soul to see the sun, it also leaves me feeling anxious knowing summer will be here before I know it, and with the passing of the summer comes the end of this chapter of our lives. In fact I can't seem to shake the ever present feeling of uncertainty. What are we doing next? Where are we going? How and when do we go there? What do we do in the meantime? And going right along with that are all my worries for Antalya's well being and education. How will we ensure she has insurance to access the health care system? How will she get the educational provisions she needs to succeed in school?

I know it does no good to think of the unknowns, but yet here I sit. Hopefully the girls will wake up soon and we can break out of this house and catch a few rays of sun before they set for the night.

How do you get through times of uncertainty?

1 comment:

Linnea said...

Sometimes you just have to live for the moment knowing you'll never have this chance again. Have faith knowing that where ever you end up will be where the Lord needs you.
PS Even those who think they have their life all figured out will find that surprise changes will put them on an uncertain path.