Thursday, July 21, 2011

Antalya

Here is a post I just found that I had written a couple months ago, but forgot to publish:

Antalya is so excited to be going to Papa's house in a few more days. She's flown on airplanes enough that I think she understands pretty well what is happening. When I pulled out the first suitcase to start packing last week she instantly said, "airplane, papa's house!" Her enthusiasm is wearing off on Victoria who now says "papa's house" whenever we see a airplane.

It's been quite the year for Antalya in terms of growth and development. And since it's been awhile since I have done a post about her, here's a snapshot of Antalya at 4 1/2.

She continues to be an early riser - getting earlier every year. She's now at a 5:30am wake up time - much earlier than this momma would like, but I've learned that there's just not much I can do about it. She is finally sleeping through the night most nights which is something she has always struggled with. She still takes a nap most afternoons - in fact, she is usually more in need of a nap than is Victoria.

She is a thrill-seeker! This week we were at a play place that had some monster-scary slides with a completely vertical drop. There were a few older girls in line for the smallest one, but all were debating on who would go first since they were all too scared. Without batting an eye, Antalya climbed right up in front of all of them and off she went, laughing the whole way down. Next she moved on to the highest one that begins with a two-story vertical drop. As I sent her off the edge, my heart stopped for a moment. But sure enough when she got to the bottom she burst out in laughter and yelled "again". I climbed up on the platform to join her, but after one look down decided it was more than I had the guts for.

Every day at lunch she requests a "cheese-meat-munch" which means a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. It is her absolute favorite and has eaten it nearly every day for about two years.

She loves other people and frequently reaches out to grab other's hands as we walk by or are standing waiting to cross the street. I've try to stop it as much as I can, but most people don't mind. She grabs their hand and then looks up at their face with a huge smile that is full of so much love. People can't help but smile back.

She loves to dance and sing and talk to herself in front of the mirror, using anything she can find as a pretend microphone.

She loves electronics - cameras, computers, phones, stereos. And she seems to just know exactly how to work the devices. If I let her have her way, she would spend all day on the computer.

She is busy, busy, busy. She has always been my little tornado - going from room to room leaving some giant mess to clean up in her wake.

She loves her little sister and is always so thoughtful to share with her, and give her a kiss when she gets hurt or is sad. She is very much the leader and is happy to have Victoria follow her around, and copy her every action.

She gives the biggest, most sincere hugs of anyone I have ever met!

I love you Antalya!!!

IMG_2900

No comments: