Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Come to the Annual Buddy Walk

This Saturday is the Annual Buddy Walk for Down syndrome. It is going to be a lot of fun! It is an one-mile walk held every year during the month of October nationwide to promote adovacy and awareness of Down syndrome. Usually every child with Down syndrome has their own "team" of people that walk with him or her. Since this is our first year participating I haven't put together team shirts or organized a team for Antalya, but we would still love to see all of you there. Normally the Buddy Walk is the biggest fundraiser of the year for Down syndrome support groups, but this year due some changes in our local organization it will not be a fundraiser - meaning it is all FREE! There will be games, entertainment, and a light lunch provided for everyone that participates. If you're interested in coming click here for more info and directions. Hope to see many of you on Saturday - and gear up for next year so we can have the biggest team there!

2 comments:

Jill Hunt said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun and a great cause. I wish I could come but I have already made prior plans for Saturday that I can't get out of. But I will be thinking of Antayla and I would love to do it next year!!!

Sonja said...

We're going to be there! Go Team Antalya!!