Friday, October 19, 2007

Precious Moments

Instead of reading stories at bedtime tonight, I just wanted to cuddle with my baby girl. So I gave Antalya her bottle and we sat down on the rocker for some cuddle time. Usually that means I sing a few songs and she falls asleep, but tonight we just sat in silence having a conversation with our eyes. After awhile I would smile, then Antalya would lower her bottle as her face broke out in a smile that spread from ear to ear, which would then turn into a little giggle. We went back and forth like this for about 30 minutes. I didn't want to put her down, and she didn't want to be put down. I was in heaven! It is moments like these that remind me what being a mom is all about. Isn't it wonderful! Thanks Mom for being my mom! And thanks to all those moms out there who spend so much time loving their children.

On another note, we leave for Chile in nine days. I can't believe it! I finally found something to keep Antalya warm while we are backpacking in Patagonia. It's a down-filled snowsuit/sleeper. I hope she stays toasty warm in it!

4 comments:

Becky J. said...

Ahhh, that was so sweet! It is those precious moments that bring everything back into perspective. What a sweet girl she is, and what a good mommy you are to her. And she's so adorable in that snow suit! She'll stay toasty warm in that for sure!

Sonja said...

Mmmm...It was so nice to read this. What a beautiful thing is motherhood. Your right, it's just heavenly.

ps. That is an awesome snow suit.

Jill Hunt said...

She looks so cute in that snow suit. And I agree, I cherish moments like that. When they get older it is a lot harder to find a moment like that. But don't worry, my almost 7 year old still comes up to me and gives me great hugs. I love it!

Cranberryfries said...

It's so fun to cuddle and love like that. So sweet!!
Love the snow suit! It reminds me of "The Christmas Story" when the little boy can't even put his arms down.