Sunday, July 27, 2008

Honeybees

I have heard before that according to the laws of science honeybees should not be able to fly. Their wings are not large enough to support the mass of their bodies in the air. So each time a bee takes flight, they are essentially completing the impossible. That same analogy could be applied to children with special needs. So many people, including doctors, and others professionals are too quick in labeling these kid's disabilities, giving the parents a depressing list of all the things their children will never be able to do. I don't agree with that philosophy. In many ways, our little kids are like honeybees. They CAN and DO accomplish what is thought by many to be the impossible.

Check out this new website dedicated to helping children with special needs learn to fly!

4 comments:

Micah's Mania said...

Sunny I love this...It is so true, so many are quick to judge and not take the time. I love you for your press to look for the best in everyone and thing..

Anonymous said...

I love this analogy! It's speaks so much truth and show so much ability for anyone!!!

BTW, I am sending out announcements and I don't have your address..will you email that to me at janeenhalversen@cox.net please. Thanks!!!

Sheridan said...

Great analogy!

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

I love that thought. I think a diagnosis can often lead to a label that limits a person in the eyes of others, and sometimes even in their own eyes. It is interesting to see that sometimes those who are considered to have the "most challenges" are the very ones accomplishing things beyond what most people can do. Whether or not they break world records is obviously not the point, but that everyone is allowed to dream, to try, and especially to succeed.