Thursday, October 14, 2010

One More Birthday Post

Antalya's birthday has now come and gone. As we were walking home from school yesterday she stopped me and said, "Mommy, one more birthday!" It was so sweet - so we came home and I put candles in what remained of the Elmo cake and sang happy birthday to her again. She loved it!

So here's how my little Antalya's special day went.

She was very surprised and happy to find the play kitchen waiting for her when she woke up. She kept saying, "yeah. yeah. yeah." as she walked around checking it out. Once Victoria woke up they set to it cooking up some food.

Then it was off to school where all her teachers greeted her with "Happy Birthday" and Antalya couldn't wipe the grin off her face. It was an extra treat for me to be able to join her class for singing time. When class ended Antalya handed out raisins to all the children as they one by one came up and said "Happy Birthday Antalya". She was so cute - insisting that she give the child the box of raisins instead of them helping themselves to one out of the bowl.

Lunch consisted of her favorite - "cheesemeatmunch" which translated into a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. Then the girls went down for a nap as I furiously tried to recreate Elmo in frosting form before they woke up.
Our afternoon was filled with lots of cuddling, a trip to the store, and playing in the autumn leaves outside.

Then came the pizza, the candle blowing, and the cake eating.



And then before I knew it, the day had ended and I was tucking in the cutest, happiest, little 4 year old I have ever seen.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Love it! Wish we could have come to the party!

Becky J. said...

Happy Birthday, Antalya! Love the Elmo cake, Sunny!

Tiffany said...

Wow way to go on that cake I can't believe how you were able to just recreate elmo on it. It looks just like him!

Laura said...

I'm so behind on blog reading, but I just got caught up:)

I love the Elmo cake and the sweet birthday party!
Hope the potty training is still going well. She is such a bright girl, she'll get it! Jonathan just got potty trained this year at age 11....I know UGH! But praising the Lord he is now!!!